Sunday, August 30, 2009

Some humorous musical thoughts bout The Fall & Winter days ahead....

Well Sir, yesterday here in good old Upstate, NY, the weather was cold, overcast, very rainy and windy and it was very reminiscent of a Fall day. The lake out front of my house (Oneida Lake) was kickin up 3-4 foot waves. Now, sitting on my porch thinkin of the coming Fall & Winter weather, I couldn't help but have some fond memories of times past and times ahead.

So, I'll just let "Da Yoopers" tell Y'all what I was a thinkin...



Now Sir, a few miles north of where the Cookie lives is a little town called Redfield, NY, and in Redfield they average officially over 270 inches of snow a year, and unofficially over 300. Last year, just in ONE Lake Effect snow event they received over 141 inches of snow in just a one and a half day period. I think this here next song by "Da Yooper" musta been thinkin bout Redfield when they performed the next song...

BTW, my bloggin buddy Patrick had the real life experience of havin been stationed near Redfield when he was in the US Air Force, and he can attest to the levels of snow represented here this video...



...and lastly, here be a song my son used to sing when he was a youngin...