Saturday, December 16, 2006

A positive thing bout "bloggin"....



Well Sir....I just cain't begin t'tell y'all how happy this Cookie is...Hooorahh!

Now mam...afore I get t'tellin y'all what I'm excited bout...let me say this. One of the good things about bloggin is that ya make new friends and acquaintences. Eventually ya wind up in a sphere of folks that you visit their blog's everday...and they visit yurs. After ya read their posts...ya can leave a good comment, a sly comment, a funny comment or just a good old ball bustin comment. Ya can share yur happiness, and sometimes sadness, with a whole passel a folks, and more times than not...they'll bust yur balls back or share their feelins bout things.

Well Sir...my wife and I are having our 40th wedding anniversary this Monday the 18th (I'm surprized she ain't kilt me yet). She got me something that I've dreamed about fer quite some time....I get to fly an actual WWII "Warbird", the T-6 Texan, a Fighter/Trainer. She lined this up through War Bird Adventures fer me. I linked in case any of ya out there wanna try it.

Whatcha all don't know bout this here Cookie is that I started taken flyin lessons at age 12...and solo'd several times at age 16. Then, real life took over, and that was really the last time I ever took controls of an airplane...a J-3 Piper Cub BTW. Oh yes...I've skydived about 5 times about ten years ago or so...and man did I love that...but I've really wanted to get behind the stick of a powerful aircraft and do some real aerobatics....

Well...looks like come this here Summer...I'll be doin just that down in a place called Geneseo, NY....CAIN'T WAIT!!!!

...and the other good news I'm a sharin with ya is that I'm puttin out this here post on a brandy spankin new Dell....which to my complete surprize...I was able to assemble and get runnin all by myself......

Y'all have a great day now ya hear....Cookie....