Sunday, July 15, 2007

Flyin the T-6 Texan....

Well Sir....here be a few photygraffs of my Warbirds flight in the T-6 Texan Fighter/Trainer out of the Geneseo Airport in beautiful scenic western NY....

I hadn't realised it at the the time when I booked the flight that there was gonna be an Air Show on that day....so when we got there...I was very surprised to see WWII B-17 Bombers, P-40's, C-47's, P-51 Mustangs, Japanese "Val" Dive Bombers and several WWI birds like Spads, Sopwith Camels, Focker Tri-Wings and such....

...Now Sir...this is a photygraff of myself and my seven year old Grandson, Gabriel standin next to the plane I flew that day....what an absolute dream she was to fly....just a little bit of "stick" and rudder and yur on yur way to some great flyin.....

BTW...Gabe is only 7 years old...ya think he'll be a playin Pro Football someday???


...and this be one of the two B-17 Flyin Fortress's that were there......

...the ball turret is still functional...


....and a WWII P-40 like "The Flying Tigers" used early in the War in China and the Pacific theater of operation....too bad its only a single-seater...I woulda loved gettin a hold of this baby ....

...and NO...that ain't a beer I'm a holdin...its a diet Coke....



...the other T-6 Texan that I was originally scheduled to fly (remember..I'm an old Navy man), but it was "down" because it was missing one important piece...the propeller.... it came in just before we left....



...and an original "Val" Dive Bomber"...the type used to bomb Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941...


...and this is the first plane I ever flew (1956), I was 12 years old at the time.....an old J-3 Cub (Piper)..... man...those were the days....


I was alot thinner back then as well....
I hadn't sampled so much of my own cookin yet....Like my Motto says..."Never Trust a Skinny Cook"....


Well...thats about it. I did get a video tape of the flight but I'm going to keep that just fer family.....


...lets just say the world looks a might differant upside down and when yur headed straight fer it.....

....and Subvet...the answer to yur question is a resounding YES... I'm a real adrenaline junkie.... I was Skydiving up until about 7 years ago.....


MightyMom.....sorry to hear that ya couldn't make yur dream come true...but bein able to see is kinda a must fer flyin.....


...and thanks YankeeMom, Fat Hairy Bastard and BTW Fat Hairy Bastard...the Royal Canadian Air Force Flying team was there also with their yellow T-6 Texans doing precision flyin maneuvers.....