Saturday, October 13, 2007

An update on my best friends condition....

As my regular readers will recall that a few weeks ago I related that my life long best friend had been hospitalized with a very serious internal infection and condition, and I asked for prayers from all the good folks who would felt it appropriate to their beliefs....

Well folks, after five weeks immobilized in a hospital bed with many tubes in his body, Bob went home yesterday, even though at this point he can barely walk as he is quite weak and his muscles have atrophied to some degree. He's not out of the woods yet, but has vastly improved from his original condition.

Years back I read a scientific medical journal report regarding the power of intercessory prayer. It was a "double blind" study conducted under very strict scientific oversight. In short, the experiment showed that comparably ill patients, with similar or the same medical problems and conditions, who had been regularly prayed for by 100 people, improved faster and healed more completely than those patients who had not been prayed for. At this moment, I've forgotten who paid for this study, but I do recall that it was an organization with no religious or spiritual affiliations, nor any vested interest in what results the study indicated, one way or the other. A few years later, another group ran a similar study...with the same results.

I personally want to thank all who took the time to pray for my friend Bob, his family (and for me), as well as those well wishers who, although athiest or not religious, but took the time to write to me and give me encouragement. May God bless and watch over all of you......

Cookie.....