Monday, December 07, 2009

Hmmm, I find this MOST interesting!

Today, my buddy "Fish" frum down Kentucky way sent me this here short and most interesting article about a human "basement" protein called "Laminins". According to Wikepedia and Google, laminins are what holds the human body together, literally. For lack of a better word, they are the "glue" that holds the Human Body together.

Now Sir, Cookie is NOT a religious man (as you may have gathered by some of my previous posts). I DO NOT practice any organized religion, I am however a spiritual man who believes in a Higher Power that I personally choose to call GOD.

I have always felt and believed that both Science and Religion have the same end game as their goals, and that is to learn what is the meaning/purpose of life and where/how/when did life begin. The difference between Science and Religion is that they are taking different paths to the same end. Just my MHO mind ya.

Now Sir, never having heard of "Laminins" before, I researched this topic to check the veracity of the following article, and lo and behold, the below photygraff and article are TRUE!

" 'Laminins are a family of proteins that are an integral part of the structural scaffolding of basement membranes in almost every animal tissue.' You see. Laminins are what hold us together. LITERALLY. They are cell adhesion molecules. They are what holds one cell of our bodies to the next cell. Without them, we would literally fall apart. And I knew all this already. But what I didn't know is what they LOOKED LIKE.

But now I do. And I have thought about it a thousand times since. Here is what the structure of laminin looks like. AND THIS IS NOT a 'Christian portrayal' of it. If you look up laminin in any scientific / medical piece of literature, this is what you will see.
"



Coincidence? Maybe, but another thing I've believed for a goodly portion of my life is that

"Coincidence is where God chooses to remain anonymous."

I had initially put in a Google link in this post for you to click on and go to a very well written article w/photos about Laminins, but it wouldn't fit correctly and was badly scewing the post and the blog, so you'll have to do yur own Google "Laminin" research if y'all wish to.