Friday, April 21, 2006

Somethin real funny...and somethin real great tastin....Chicken Kiev...


Well Sir...I was hardly done publishin m'post about needin recipee's when Stevin over at IONETIC sent me his grandmothers recipee fer Chicken Kiev...it's an "old country" recipee and these are the ones that y'all just cain't beat with a stick...I loves findin em and get'n em......and fer whatever reason they always taste better than most things t'day.....

Now Sir...I been kinda busy here this last week and I ain't been checkin out all the blogs as thoroughly as I usually do...and..a course I missed a thing or two. When I was over at Stevin's blog...IONETIC...I found one a his posts that had a whole passel a funny video clips...me and the misses had a few good old laugh at em. So...get yur butts on over thar and scroll down a might...y'all cain't miss it....

Agin...I thanks Stevin fer this recipee. Now..all a you good cooks out there be a knowin that ya can usually tell a great recipee even afore ya makes it...and this Chicken Kiev is one of em...and BTW....This great recipee is dedicated to m'dear frend Buster out there in Kansas......."Here's cookin at you kid...."

Chicken Kiev

* 4 boneless chicken breast halves

* 4 tablespoons butter, softened

* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives

* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, or black pepper

* 1/4 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 cup flour

* 1 egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons water

* 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs

Blend the softened butter with parsley, chives, pepper, and salt. Divide into 4 portions and chill until firm.

Flatten each chicken breast half to about 1/4-inch thickness by pounding each between wax paper or plastic wrap. Place a portion of the chilled butter mixture in the center of each flattened chicken breast half. Roll each to completely enclose the butter.

Dust each roll in flour then dip in beaten egg and water. Roll in bread crumbs then place in lightly greased baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° oven for 45 minutes.

Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Chicken Kiev serves 4.

"My grandmother used to make this when I was a kid, and I absolutely loved it. She immigrated from Ukraine when she was a teenager (to escape the Nazis). This isn't her exact recipe, but it's close."

Now...if readin that recipee don't wanna make y'all go out and choke yur chicken...er...I mean throttle a chicken fer dinner(or buy one frum the store) I don't knows what will.........Cookie