Monday, March 03, 2008

Good on ya Missy "G".....

Well Sir...as one of my women-folk readers once described this young woman's efforts to help our wounded Vet's ..."She's usin her goods fer the good"...

...and....like I promised yesterday....only good or humorous things at the Cookshack frum here on out....and Gina Elise is GOOD!!




Well Sir...this here Vet had to spend some time in a VA Hospital some time back, and although the care I and others received was excellent...any hospital can be a very lonely place....Sooo...if yur a Vet, disabled or not, and ya've ever spent any length of time in any hospital...then ya can just imagine what a visit frum a fine lookin patriotic young woman like Gina could do fer yur morale...I know she'd lift my "spirits" a tad....so...if'n ya can...

Spend a couple a bucks and buy one of her calendars, have yur photygraff taken with the calendar and send it in to Gina, who will most likely use it on her website.....OR...buy one that will be sent to a hospitalized Vet....even better...
_______________________________

RETIREMENT BONUS

The Navy found they had too many Chief Petty Officers and decided to offer an early
retirement bonus. They promised any Chief Petty Officer who volunteered for retirement a bonus of $1,000 for every inch measured in a straight line between any two points in his body. The Chief's got to choose what those two points would be.

The first Chief who accepted asked that he be measured from the top of
his head to the tip of his toes. He was measured at six feet and walked
out with a bonus of $72,000.

The second Chief who accepted was a little smarter and asked to be
measured from the tip of his outstretched hands to his toes. He walked out
with $96,000.

The third one was an old Navy Seabee, Senior Chief Petty Officer, a grizzly old Chief who, when asked where he would like to be measured replied, "From the tip of my
weenie to my testicles."

It was suggested by the pension man that he might want to reconsider,
explaining about the nice big checks the previous two Chiefs had
received. But the crusty old Senior Chief insisted and they decided to go along with him providing the measurement was taken by a Medical Officer.

The Medical Officer arrived and instructed the Chief to "drop 'em," which
he did.. The medical officer placed the tape measure on the tip of the
Chief's weenie and began to work back. Dear Lord!" he suddenly exclaimed,
"Where are your testicles?"

The old Chief calmly replied, "Vietnam."

Hat Tip: Missy Susan from Eagle Lake, Mexas...er...Texas....
________________________________

Photobucket

The Democratic Party has a crisis of monumental proportions:

They don't know whether to vote for the "Nut" with two Boobs or the "Boob" with two Nuts....

Hat Tip: Myron from Myrons Random Thoughts....
____________________________

A guy is browsing in a pet shop and sees a parrot sitting on a little perch. It doesn't have any feet or legs. The guy says aloud, "Jeesh, I wonder what happened to this parrot?"

The parrot says, "I was born this way. I'm a defective parrot."

"Holy crap," the guy replies. "You actually understood and answered me!"

"I got every word," says the parrot. "I happen to be a highly intelligent thoroughly educated bird."

"Oh yeah?" the guy asks, "Then answer this -- how do you hang onto your perch without any feet?"

"Well," the parrot says, "this is very embarrassing but since you asked, I wrap my weenie around this wooden bar like a little hook. You can't see it because of my feathers."

"Wow," says the guy. "You really can understand and speak English can't you?"

"Actually, I speak both Spanish and English, and I can converse with reasonable competence on almost any topic: politics, religion, sports, physics, philosophy. I'm especially good at ornithology. You really ought to buy me. I'd be a great companion."

The guy looks at the $20000 price tag. "Sorry, but I just can't afford that."

"Pssssssst," says the parrot, "I'm defective, so the truth is, nobody wants me cause I don't have any feet. You can probably get me for $20; just make the guy an offer!"

The guy offers $20 and walks out with the parrot.

Weeks go by. The parrot is sensational. He has a great sense of humor, he's interesting, he's a great pal, he understands everything, he sympathizes, and he's insightful. The guy is delighted.

One day the guy comes home from work and the parrot goes, "Psssssssssssst," and motions him over with one wing. "I don't know if I should tell you this or not, but it's about your wife and the postman."

"What are you talking about?" asks the guy..

"When the postman delivered the mail today, your wife greeted him at the door in a sheer black nightie."

"WHAT???" the guy asks incredulously. "THEN what happened?"

"Well, then the postman came into the house and lifted up her nightie and began petting her all over," reported the parrot.

"NO!" he exclaims. "And she let him?"

"Yes. Then he continued taking off the nightie! , got down on his knees and began to kiss her all over...."

Then the frantic guy demands, "THEN WHAT HAPPENED?"

"Damned if I know. It was about that time that I got an erection and and fell off my perch!"

Hat Tip: "Charlie the Cop"......
____________________________________

Now Sir....here be some pictures of some of the medals I either received while in the Navy, or was eligible fer.... ** Click To Enlarge**

BTW...I'm pretty sure that "The Chief" frum over at Smolderin Embers got some of these ribbons and medals whist he was a Gyrene.....



Hat Tip: Clint Griffin frum San Diego......
____________________________________

How many of y'all watched this one at a Saturday afternoon Matinee' at yur local "Sit & Scratch"...??



__________________________________

Now Sir...my west coast buddy Patrick from Born Again Redneck done "tagged" me to publish an "Old Time" recipe' that no modern health conscious person in their right mind would eat today....

So...here be a good old southern recipe' that I'll bet most of y'all ain't never even heard of...let alone eaten.....

Slum-Gullion

Now…I ain’t gonna really be a givin y’all any amounts cause its all gonna depend on who…and how many yur a gonna be servin…

Cook up some Macaroni…Elbow or Egg-noodle…it really don’t make no never-mind….

If’n ya got one…use a deep Cast Iron Dutch Oven fer the next part….if not…use a regular pot.

Usin a couple a tablespoons of Vegetable oil…lightly brown up a big amount of minced onion and minced Garlic (I like lots a Garlic).

When nicely golden brown…add a goodly amount of Hamburger and cook until no pink is showin. Remove all contents frum the pot with a slotted spoon. Drain off all the Hamburger grease.

Now…if’n ya like…cook up a bunch a chopped bacon in the same pot/oven. I like to use the bacon but that’s optional.

Now add a bunch of chopped green peppers, I large can of Diced Tomato’s, all the cooked hamburger/onion/garlic and the cooked noodles, and simmer fer an hour or so…..

Just afore yur ready t’serve…add 1 cup of Sour Cream if’n ya like…and simmer fer a few minutes more till all is hot….

Serve with some real good Sour Dough or Garlic Bread…..Enjoy…..


Now Sir....I also gotta tag 2 other folks who like to cook a might, and may have some "old time" recipe or nuther just collectin dust....Sooo....I'll tag:

Nicki from The Birthplace of the Process of Illogical Logic....

...and last..but not least... "Bothenook" from A Geezer's Corner.....


_________________________