Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Year of Losses......

"Friendship: a building contract you sign with laughter and break with tears."

"Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life." (** Being a cook, I've always liked that one**)

Well Sir, as many of you already know, a blog, for some folks, is an on-line journal, used for the purposes of recording and sharing what is happening in their lives. With only one exception, Cookie has opted to to primarily use my blog for the purposes of entertainment and humor. A place for folks to go and take a break from all the serious world news/events and politics. However, I will use it today to express my profound sense of loss and sadness.

About 3 months ago, as many of you know, I lost my life long friend of over 50 years through his death. Last night, I lost another friend, not from anything as understandable and blamable as death, but through a series of gross misunderstandings of information and purpose, exacerbated by the actions of a third party. I not only lost my good friend last evening, but, found it necessary to withdraw from participating in the "Airport Project", The Military Courtesy Room.

Going into details would accomplish little or nothing, so I'll spare everyone who may be taking the time to read this. The only purpose for this post is to help me vent my feelings of frustration, sadness and loss. He does not read this blog so there is no hidden agenda on that level, just a personal need on my part to talk about it.

I have always felt that material things such as projects, organizations, possessions (you get the idea) are, at best, temporary in this life. Friendship, and being there for a friend throughout one's life is what really matters when the final bell rings, so, suffering a friends loss is truly a painful and major incident. I have always placed a high value on my friends. It is the path we take in life, not the destination, that is what's really important.

If I were a poet like another friend of mine, Eitan (Greg), I could no doubt express my sentiments much better and in a more literary and poetic form, but I'm only a simple blogger who's lost something very valuable to him.

I know this post is out of character for the Cookie, so I apologize if I've needlessly wasted any one's time. I'll be back tomorrow or the next day with some good old fashioned humor and hopefully put a smile or two on your faces...