Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday sundries....

ADDENDUM:

Obama can't be bothered to visit the military...again!

Posted by Cassy Fiano
Published: January 22, 2009 - 6:09 PM

Color me unsurprised. Of all the celebratory balls Obama attended for his historic inauguration, he didn't feel it necessary to attend the 'Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball', which was started by President Eisenhower and attended by Presidents for 14 straight inaugurations. Here we are 56 years later and Obama broke that tradition. Apparently his efforts to mingle with all the celebrities was more important than spending a few minutes with the 48 Medal of Honor recipients at the 'Salute to Heroes Ball'. That's right, 48 Congressional Medal of Honor winners! Every President since that particular ball was started was able to find time on Inauguration Day to attend; but not Obama.

Yeah, this guy loves the troops all right. Real respect for our military there. But hey, he did run on a platform of change and after all...that sure was a change. For the first time in American history, we have a Commander-in-Chief who can't even fake respect for our heroes who have fought, sacrificed, and died for their country...even Clinton managed to fake it.

Oh, and remember -- "Don't ever question his patriotism or his respect for our troops. Not ever." Those are his hollow words.
______________________________

OK mates, let's continue with some humor regardin Gender Priorities....


_______________________________________

I OWE MY MOTHER

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .

"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION .

"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL .

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC .

" Because I said so, ! that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .

"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT .

"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY

"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS .

"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM .

"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA .

"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER .

"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY .

"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE .

"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION .

"Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about ENVY .

"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION .

"Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .

"You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE .

"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP .

"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOR .

"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .

"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS .

"You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS .

"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM .

"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE, or, "The Mothers Curse".

"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"
_____________________________________

Great Orators of the Democratic Party...

'One man with courage makes a majority.'
- Andrew Jackson

'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.'
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

'The buck stops here.'
- Harry S. Truman

'Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.'
- John F. Kennedy

And for today's Democrats...

**Note** I found Nancy Pelosi's quote most interesting.

'It depends what your definition of 'IS' is?''
- Bill Clinton

'Those rumors are false .... I believe in the sanctity of marriage.'
- John Edwards

'I invented the Internet.'
- Al Gore

'The next person that tells me I'm not religious, I'm going to shove my rosary beads up their ***.'
- Joe Biden

' America is--is no longer, uh, what it--it, uh, could be, uh what it was once was...uh, and I say to myself, 'uh, I don't want that future, uh, uh for my children.'
- Barack Obama

'I have campaigned in all 57 states.'
- Barack Obama

'You don't need God anymore, you have us Democrats.'
- Nancy Pelosi (said back in 2006)

'Bill is the greatest husband and father I know. No one is more faithful, true, and honest than he.'
- Hillary Clinton (said back in 1998)

___________________________________

Yupper, I can just it now about 5 years frum now.....


____________________________________

A great answer to stupid question.....

Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked:

"What do you feel... When you shoot a Terrorist?"

The Marine shrugged and replied,

"A slight recoil."


__________________________________

A Democratic "Wealth spreader", courtesy of John Deere.....



** Fer all a you "City Slickers" out there, this here piece of equipment is a Manure Spreader.
__________________________________