Saturday, January 24, 2009

This touched me....

My very good friend Suzan Gertson from Eagle Lake, Texas sent me this today, and it touched me on a couple of levels.

First, having been raised in a rural country locale and working on farms and ranch's in my youth, it reminded me of something I also had to do at a young age, something along the lines of the movie "Old Yeller". Something that had a lasting imprint on my life.

It also reminded me of my faith, a faith I wish was as strong as this brave young man's, and that although I can't always see the reason for something happening, there is a reason. For those of you who have also wrestled with your faith and beliefs over the years as I did, I hope that the spiritual awakening that happened to Cookie also occurs in your lifetimes....God Bless.