Saturday, January 08, 2011

Why so many folks frum my generation (1940's-50's) smoke! Passing the House Gavel!

Every now and again I'm asked by my grand children or acquaintances why so many folks from my generation smoke cigarettes. Well Sir, when your 4 years old and every time you turn on the TV frum 1948 on, 4-6 hours a day, 7 days a week, your influenced by these commercials ya just might start smoke'n.

I've posted a few TV and movie commercials dating from the late 40's to the late
60's, and this is only a very small smattering of the amount of commercials. If your not from my generation, watching these might answer yur question. If you are frum my generation, sit back and enjoy the nostalgic journal through TV land.

Frum yur favorite Cartoon Characters



...frum 1952



...and frum Santa Claus.



...frum 1948



...and frum the Doctors.



...and frum yur favorite movie hero's.



...and frum yur favorite Sports hero's.



...and frum yur favorite comedy show, "The Phil Silvers Show".



...and frum the Drive-In Movie theater



...and frum "The Beverly Hillbillies"



Whew, that was a lot of wurk mates. I think I'll go light up a smoke!
___________________________________

I think there be a few of us who woulda liked to have seen a transfer of power happen like this! Passing the Gavel.