Tuesday, February 01, 2011

A small request fer Y'all! Second Tuesday post.

Hey Mates! I just learned sumthin bout an old blogging buddy of mine, "Dapper Dan" who is the purveyor of "The Cumberland Post". Recently, his wife Joyce underwent major surgery for cancer and has just started Chemo-Therapy treatments. I know we all would appreciate it if'n those who are inclined, would say a few prayers for her safe and full recovery from this scourge of the 20th/21st century.

I'm sure Dan and Joyce would also enjoy it if'n ya stopped by his blog ever now and agin and said Hey! BTW, Dan is a retired college professor and, most importantly, a "Recovering Liberal", having stopped drinking that brand of "cool-aid" back in "02". BTW "Dan", if'n I haven't said it afore, welcome to the Light mate!

Sadly, another friend of mine, Liz, who resides out in Jesse James's old stompin grounds out in Missourri has also just begun Chemo. Cookie would really appreciate it if y'all could find a moment to pray fer both of these two good folks and their loved ones!

THANKS MATES!!
______________________________________

I've always believed that "Laughter is one of the Best Medicines", and that's just one of several reasons why I try to post humor on this blog as much as possible. Just watching the evening news can depress the live'n hell outta ya, let alone all the various other blogs that post nuthin but politics and world events all day long. Sure, it's good to keep abreast of current events and situations, BUT DON'T MAKE IT A STEADY DIET!

Nuff Said!
___________________________________

Well Sir, like Obama said during his campaign, I guess this Cookie is gonna"cling to my guns and religion!"

Some motivational posters that'll give ya some food fer thought..







___________________________


...and my buddy "The Chief", who's an avid, dyed in the wool Packers fan just sent me this jewel!

A Green Bay Packers Fan baby

A Green Bay Packers Fan is drinking in a Chicago bar when he gets a call on his cell phone. He hangs up, grinning from ear to ear, and orders a round of drinks for everybody in the bar, announcing his wife has produced a typical Green Bay baby boy weighing 25 pounds. Nobody can believe that any new baby can weigh in at 25 pounds, but the Packer Fan just shrugs, "That's about average back home, folks, like I said, my boy's a typical Green Bay baby boy.

Congratulations showered him from all around, and many exclamations of "WOW!". One woman actually fainted due to sympathy pains.

Two weeks later, he returns to the bar. The bartender says, "Say, you're the father of that typical Green Bay baby that weighed 25 pounds at birth. Everybody's been making bets about how big he'd be in two weeks. So how much does he weigh now?"

The proud father answers, "Seventeen pounds."

The bartender is puzzled, concerned, and a little suspicious.
"What happened? He already weighed 25 pounds the day he was born!"

The Green Bay father takes a slow swig from his Leinenkugel's beer, wipes his lips on his shirt sleeve, leans into the bartender and proudly says,

"...Had him circumcised!"

Photobucket
____________________________________

COMMENTS:

"The Chief" said; "I love visiting a class blog. But, are you sure... you're not a Pittsburgh Stealers' fan?"

Cookie said; "Nope. As much as it pains me to side with you about anything **sigh**, I'm a Packers fan."

"Chief" said; "I kinda figured you might jump on our wagon, so we put on some heavy duty springs. Now, we gotta get one of those lifts, to help you aboard...!"

Cookie; "Actually, been on that wagon for a great many years." If' I had known you where on it also, I probably woulda gone over to the Steelers just to be contrare."

"Dapper Dan" said; "Cookie, Joyce and I both thank you and your blogging mates for your prayers. She's got a long road ahead but is one tough lady with a strong will. We have faith that she's going to lick this thing. Thanks also for the link to the Cumberland Post. I really like all these anti gun control pics in today's post and I just might borrow one or two, but I'll be sure to tell where I found them. Thanks again."

Cookie; You are most welcome Dan and may God speed Joyce in her recovery!