Monday, February 05, 2007

Mmmm Mmm... some great soundin Chocolate Chip Cookies...

Well Sir...I spotted this here recipe fer Chocolate Chip Cookies over on another blog...and after askin permission to print it over here at the Cookshack, my newest reader, Pam, frum down Florida way...sent me this great soundin Chocolate Chip cookie recipe that I'd like t'share with y'all...

...so here it be mates....

CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 sticks of butter
2 1/4 cup of flour
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of baking soda
1/4 cup of sugar
1 1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp. of milk
1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
2 cups of chocolate chips

Melt the butter. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.

Pour melted butter into large bowl. Add sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars. Add egg, egg yolk, 2 Tbsp. of milk and vanilla. Mix well.

Slowly add flour mixture, mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.

CHILL THE DOUGH for about 30 minutes. This is a very important step. Once chilled, bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. But check often! You don't want to burn these babies!!





PS: I added some chopped pecans to the last half of my batch. They were delicious. I think walnuts would be awesome too! ENJOY!