Sunday, December 23, 2007

Let's Remember their sacrifice at this time of the year, I Got Tagged...Gina Elise..

Well Sir...frum what the old Cookie has seen thus fer...Fred Thompson's Christmas message is the ONLY one that is completely about rememberin our fine men and women in the Military...he doesn't mug fer the camera just to get his puss on TV or make a political statement....Kinda makes him great Commander-In-Chief material dont'cha think....



________________________________

Tagged Again

I got tagged by Sig frum Signal 94, and in the spirit of Christmas I'll go to the range list my Xmas preferences.

1. Wrapping or gift bags?
I wrap, sometimes. Most of the time I leave that to the wife.

2. Real or artificial tree?
I had real tree's most of my life...then I got damn sick & tired of cleaning up the needles and accompanying mess. Had an Artificial now for over twenty years.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Wait a minute...yur supposed t'take it down!?

4. When do you take the tree down?
See last question...

5. Do you like egg nog?
Love it...but have to drink it straight.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A complete (and I mean complete) huge Lionel Train set. Had it for many many years and then it was stolen from me out a storage shed. Held alot of memories.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes...absolutely. "He's the reason for the Season."

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A fold up "Directors" Chair. Had no idear why some one would give me one.


9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Both. Cover all the bases that way!


10. Favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story. Because of when, and where I grew up, I could relate to EVERY aspect of the movie...including my father bitchin about the old "coal furnace" and the dampers & vents...

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Sometimes, right after Christmas when the sales are GREAT!


12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Turkey, stuffing, gravy and bread puddin.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Colored...must be colored. The more the merrier...

14. Favorite Christmas song?
"I'll be home for Christmas". My brother, who was a Marine at the time, returned home from the war in Korea on Christmas eve in 1951. The happiest and bestess Christmas I've ever had.

Following the tradition, I’m tagging…

Nicki

Liz

The Chief

Sarah
_____________________________________

OK mates...a little over a month ago, I did a post regardin Miss Gina Elise, a fine young woman who is doing her part to support our brave military vets, and especially our wounded soldiers & sailors....



....Now Sir...Ms. Elise frequently travels to various VA Hospitals, giving out Calendars that have been paid fer by folks like you and I who have been to her web site and made a donation.....these photygraffs where taken at the VA Hospital in San Diego....



...I had the opportunity to speak with Ms. Elise last evening and inquired as to who pays her expenses to get to and frum these here Hospitals...and you guessed it...she does...OUT OF HER OWN POCKET....



...Now...this coming January she's going to be traveling to Walter Reed Army Hospital and visiting our wounded men and women, and giving out calendars that folk have bought just for that purpose. Folks....that's all the way across the country from where she lives in California.....



So....now I know that it's just before Christmas, and between giving to our various favorite charities, buying gifts for friends and loved ones, and gettin all the food & fixin's fer the Christmas meal...most of us are about tapped out financially... I know I am...

BUT....I ask you to see if'n ya can dig just a little deeper and go to Ms. Elise's website, Pinups For Vets and lets see if'n we cain't help this charitable and loving young woman just a little more...

While yur there, check out the link for "In The Field" and you'll see just how many places she goes, how many Vets she meets, and how happy her visits makes them....like the 96 year old woman (pictured above) who was in the Signal Corps in WWII....

Maybe there just might be some benevolent reader(s) out there who can really assist her in her time of selflessly giving to others....

Thanks mates....and Merry Christmas to all of you....