Sunday, January 27, 2008

Musical Reminiscin.... The Music of Our Live's. Let those memories roll mates...

Well Sir...as of late, I been a noticin that quite a few feller bloggers of my age group and ilk, mainly old War Dog's like the Cookie, Mushy and Pat, have been gettin nostalgic and writin about various past events in their lives. Now Sir...I got t'thinkin that if'n there be one thing that will instantly trigger memories, both good and bad....that be MUSIC!

Now mam...When the Cookie was just a little ginger snap, about 7 or 8 years old, I saw my grandfather's "Blue's Harp" (Harmonica) sittin on the table, so I picked it up and attempted to play various songs of the day...and lo and behold...I discovered that I actually had an ear fer music and could, with very little effort, play a purdy decent tune when I set my mind to it. Now...it weren't too long afore I could play just about anything that folks requested, and eventually, I graduated to a type of Harmonica called a "Honner...64 Chromonica" which had a button on it that allowed ya to play 64 notes....

As some of you older folks will recall, in the early 50's, to the late 60's, there was a Harmonica Trio called "The Harmonicats", so naturally, I started emulatin and playin their various arrangements. So...yesterday, I researched YouTube for any Harmonicats music, and although I found some, I couldn't find any video's of any real good quality, so...one of the video's below is a 1940 rendition of The Harmonicats, and another one from the 60's....you'll get the idea...

So...if'n yur in a hurry, ya might just as well leave and come back later when ya got some time...OR...pour yurself a cup of Joe, sit back, smoke em if'n ya got em...enjoy some music frum our life....and let those memories roll....

The Harmonicats with some early boogie and the "Theme from Exodus", Theresa Brewer is honky tonkin with "Music, Music, Music", and some good old Kingston Trio songs, "Worried Man", "Greenback Dollar", "MTA",..a song that reminds me of a few times the Cookie spent a night or two in jail (and what got me there) while sailin around the world in the Navy, "The Sloop John B"....

...and this musical montage is ended with a very special song dedicated to the Chief frum over at Smolderin Embers in a Mohawk Campfire....


























_________________________________