Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just to set the record straight....

Another short post t'day as I'm recuperating from celerbratin my 64th yesterday....
_________________________________

I recently had a lively online debate with an old friend from Great Britain who I've known for several years now and leans "left" (but he's really not such a bad sort). He and myself have had several online discussions and "debates" over time, and he recently expressed to me that he believed that the attacks and smears against Gov. Sarah Palin that I talked about were non existent and only "in our(conservative) minds".

I attributed this lack of knowledge to the fact that he resides outside our nation and has not had the opportunity to read, watch and hear the blatantly false statements, E-Mails and accusations being made, primarily over the Internet, but throughout all media as well. I then sent him a news article from Newsmax regarding this topic so he could see for himself just what was going on. However, Newsmax is obviously a publication which leans "right", so my friend may have been skeptical regarding the content of the article.

While visiting my friend "John's" blog, I spotted this link to Newsweek Magazine article and felt that I would enlighten my British friend (and any others who believe she's not being attacked), and maybe, if'n they don't wanna believe the Cookie man, they'll believe Newsweek....

Newsweek: Palin Internet Sliming Rampant, Rumors False

"We've been flooded for the past few days with queries about dubious Internet postings and mass e-mail messages making claims about McCain's running mate, Gov. Palin. We find that many are completely false, or misleading. "

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157986
_____________________________________

...and of course then there is this.....

Do you believe this shit???



South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler sharply attacked Sarah Palin today, saying John McCain had chosen a running mate “whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.”

Actually, I think that statement holds much more true when talking about Obama....


Can you say DESPICABLE! I'm sorry, but growing up I don't ever recall the Democratic Party so completely out of line, mean and nasty as what I've seen since this campaign, and especially since Sarah came on the scene....
___________________________________