Sunday, October 05, 2008

Damsel in distress...and, S'More toons....





Just in case Y'all missed the first post.... This fine, generous young woman, Gina Elise, produces a Retro-Calendar reminiscent of the 1940's WWII style pinups, and she gives ALL the proceeds from the sale of these Calendars to Vet's Hospitals and organizations all over the country, and then gives the calendars to our hospitalized disabled Vets fer free.

As one of my women-folk readers once stated about her, "She uses her good's fer the good." Gina is a very patriotic young lady and is selfless in her dedication to our troops and our country, but right now she needs a little help from us.

If'n Y'all would like to help her continue her fine mission, you, and/or your organization can purchase some Advertising space in her upcoming calendar, and it won't cost that much, $50.00 or a $100.00 bucks will buy ya some space.

Just pay a visit to her website, Pinups For Vets and you can contact her for further details and/or info.... PLUS...the gorgeous scenery ain't bad either....

Thanks folks! Remember, she's doing all this completely for free and on her own time....
_______________________________________




_______________________________

I have 4 extra tickets for the Robbie Knievel (son of Evil Knievel) event at the Home Depot Center (Carson, CA) this weekend if anybody wants them.

He's going to try to jump 5000 Obama supporters with a bulldozer.

Should be a good time. Let me know... Thank me later.
_____________________________________

Regardin the "blog problem". I had a computer expert (who in fact has his own blog regarding virtually everything to do with computers and systems) completely check out my blog, operating systems and my computer. He found that everything is OK and usually, the type of problems the folks are experiencing are with either their own operating system (Windows XP, Vista, etc.) or their browzer. It usually means that these systems missed an update or a "plug in" somewhere along the line. I know this did happen to me sometime back when I went to certain folks blogs. It turned out that I hadn't updated my Windows XP for some time.

When you think about it, since not everyone is experiencing these problems, what he states makes sense, so, if you are having these problems, it might be worth your while to check for updates.