Sunday, October 04, 2009

Rich Autumn Pork Stew with Beer.



Well Sir, here be one of the best stew recipe's the Cookie man has had in a long time, Rich Autumn Pork Stew with Beer.

Now Sir, I really wish I could take the credit fer this here GREAT fall dish, but alas, I can't. I cut it out of The Parade Magazine a week or so ago and cooked it up this past weekend, and WOW, what a great flavored stew. Our guests and ourselves just loved the flavor! It was so good I figured I had t'pass it along to Y'all, especially this here time of the year.

Rich Autumn Pork Stew with Beer

2 lbs. boneless Pork shoulder, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
Salt & Pepper
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 medium onions, diced
2 medium carrots, diced.
2 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
1 Bay leaf
1 can of diced Tomatoes
2 cups of Chicken Broth
1 12 oz. bottle of dark beer ( I used Guinness Extra Stout)
2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
Cooked Buttered Egg Noodles

1) Season the Pork pieces with Salt & Pepper. Heat 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil in a heavy casserole ( I use cast for better flavor). Brown the Pork well, in batches if necessary. Remove to a bowl.

2) Wipe casserole clean and heat the remaining Olive Oil over Low Heat.Add the onions, carrots and apples. Stir until softened (about 10-12 minutes). Add the minced garlic in the last 3 minutes. Stir in all the remaining ingredients (except the Egg Noodle). Return the browned Pork and any juices to the casserole.

3) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring, until the meat is very tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Discard the Bay leaf and adjust the seasoning to your tastes. Serve over the buttered Egg Noodles.

Mmmmmm Mmmm!!

Enjoy (and I'm sure you will).
_______________________________