Thursday, March 16, 2006

College bigotry...nuthin new...got some recollections though....LATKA'S

Well Sir...I was readin a good post by Darth Misha over at The Anti-Idiotarion Rottweiler this AM...and he was a tawkin bout certain bigotry by the "Intellectual Elite" in our nation's bastions of higher education...usually biased ridicule toward conservative minded student folk. Well Sir...I means t'tell ya that it brought back a memory of my own college days. I was a young cop attending night school fer my Criminal Justice degree...had this one professor....didn't like cops (authority figure problems) at all...no sir....or anyone associated with Law Enforcement ( he was an English professor)...and by the way...I'm shur y'all can see by my spellin that I failed the course. Anyway...to get on with the story, seems no matter what I said or wrote...he disagreed with in some way or anuther...then one day he went on a tantrum type tirade bout us local Police Officers and their "Jack-Boot" tactics. That did it...I had to defend my honor and the honor of my feller officers....the entire class time turned into a "strongly wurded debate" tween the two of us. Well Sir...as I already told y'all...at the end a the year I failed the class....got even with him though...yupper.....gave him a $100.00 dollar traffic ticket a few weeks later. Ahhh...what goes around comes around...as the layman says. Like a wise man once said..."Revenge is a dish best eat'n cold".....and I'm shur it wasn't m'spellin got me failed...do ya think?.....but...I guess thats just my way a thinkin....Oh...and BTW...keep sendin those recipees to me along with a short bio bout yurself....at Thecookshack@aol.com ..........LATKA'S (German Potato Pancakes)

Ingredients:

4 Potatoes
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 ½ teaspoons Lemon Juice
2 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ Cup Matzo meal ( or as needed)
Peanut Oil

Grate the potatoes and blend together with the finely chopped onion. Add the Lemon Juice and toss the mixture. This will prevent the mixture from turning brown.

Place the mixture in a strainer and squeeze out the excess liquid.

Add all the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT THE OIL. Mix well.

Heat ½ to 1 inch of oil in a deep frying pan or 10 quart Outside deep fryer. Using a large spoon or serving spoon, drop level spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil (CAREFULLY). When the pancake(s) turn a light golden brown (underneath), turn the pancake and continue frying until the entire pancake is a full golden brown.

Makes approximately 10 pancakes.

Goes great with just about any meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner.