Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I agree with the ACLU...let em get just a little closer...Deer Loaf.

Well Sir...let me recall...a major airport on the East coast....the year...1967 or so (Vietnam era)...me in a pressed, "squared away" white US Navy summer uniform...hat strategically cocked to the right....lookin sharp. Returnin from a tour with the Seabee's in Gitmo I was....walkin to the baggage claim to get my seabag....ahead a me was four "hippies", three young girls and a young man. As I walked past em all..the young man spat on me and my Navy uniform...callin me a "baby killer". First reactions...shock....disbelief.....incredulation (if'n there be such a wurd)...ANGER! Next recollection...blood...lots of it (not mine)...hat on floor...teeth on floor...flowers on floor...hippie on floor....me on hippie on floor....more blood and teeth on floor (still not mine).....local cops pulling me and my now very bloody white uniform off hippie. After pat'n me on the back and puttin m'hat back on my head...the cops sent me on my way with a friendly wink and a nod...said they'd take care of the Hippie.....Yupper...Those were the good ol days....Good Memories. Now it seems that some real sick M...F...'s claim'n t'belong to a Baptist Church have been a standin near the funeral of a United States Marine killed in Iraq with sign's say'n "God Hates You" and "You're going to Hell". Y'all can read the entire sickenin story over at Stop the ACLU , The Jawa Report, The Dread Pundit Bluto and The Anti-Idiotarion Rottweiler. So...some good folks in several communites tried to pass some bills and laws sayin that people couldn't protest with 500 feet of a funeral n such.....BUT...guess what...the ACLU says that's a violation of "Free Speech" and the protestors must be allowed to get closer. Well Sir...fer once I agree with them ACLU fellers and gals....that's right...I AGREE! Let em get closer......real close.....close enuff fer me t'see the white's a their sick little disrespectful insensitive eyes... if'n ya knows where I be a comin frum.....But...I guess that's just my way a thinkin.....JOHN KOHLER from the Buffalo, NY area has submitted yet another recipe which is a little different and really sounds pretty good. John has submitted other recipes before and I have personally tried them. He knows what he’s doing around a kitchen. Keep a sendin those recipee's to Thecookshack@aol.com

DEER LOAF

1 lb of ground venison, plus 1/2 lb ground pork sausage
1 chopped onion 1 chopped carrot
2 chopped celery stalks salt & pepper to taste
1 egg, slightly beaten ¾ cup of bread crumbs
1 crushed Garlic clove 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce ½ a chopped Green pepper

Have ½ cup of water and 1½ cups of canned tomatoes handy.

Mix all the ingredients together EXCEPT the water and tomatoes. Shape the mixture into a loaf and place it into a roaster pan. Pour the water and tomatoes over the loaf, COVER, and cook for 3 hours in a 375 degree oven. Serve hot with mashed potatoes.