Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tree Rat Pandemonium.....

Well Sir...ya ever have one of those days that not only be a startin out behind the ball.. but gets even wurse...course ya have...we all have...but I imagine very few a ya had a Tree Rat (Squirrel to all you city folks) get inta yur house....man...what a scene.

Now before I go a step further...I gotta be tellin y'all about my dog...Czarina...she's a "Wolf-Dog"...thats right, half dog (Samoyed Husky)...half wolf...and she be a weighin in the neighborhood of about 105 pounds...powerful she is. Luckily...at least fer people folks...she's got a great disposition and loves people...but she absolutley hates squirrels...I mean really hates squirrels.

So...as I was sayin...I was just sittin down in m'den to write todays post and include a really great recipee fer "Greek Chicken" when I hears this gawd-awfull comoshun from the livin room...growlin..crashin...dog runnin...glass a breakin...things hittin the floor. I immediately went inta the livin room and was damned near run over by this here Tree-Rat with a terrified look on it's face...being follered by this 105 pound wolf/dog with a real pissed off look on her face.

Now...not spectin to be a see'n a tree rat in the house...and the fact it was in the process of jumpin frum on top of the TV to the top a my head...I must admit that it scared the livin shit right outta this here Cookie...yupper...got the old adrenaline goin it did. Well Sir...after it got done usin my head as a vaultin box....it hit the stairs a runnin fer it's life and disappeared up inta one of the upstairs bedrooms with Czarina in hot pursuit of her mornin snack. Reminded me of an old Chevy Chase movie it did.....

When I got upstairs...I found Czarina in the guest bedroom just a growlin to beat the band while try'n to get herself under the guest bed. Well Sir...I finally got Czarina outta the room and shut the door. OK...now what? First thing was t'get the dog calmed down and tied up...no easy task when it knows there be a squirrel just the other side a that there door...thats when I saw what the livin room looked like...magazines scattered all over the place...broken lamp....chair and small table knocked over...and fireplace utensils spread all over the hearth (I suspect thats where the tree rat somehow got in frum).

Once the dog was secured...I got t'thinkin bout the options...trap it...ain't got no traps, shotgun...too messy, grab it with thick gloves on...no sir...them tree rats can be pretty nasty critters when terrified and cornered. OK...lets just sit down...have a cigareet and think this over a minute er two.....GOT IT...open the bedroom window...there be a tree right next t'the window it can easily jump over to.

So...after gettin the window open...I went outside and watched the window fer a spell...and shur enuff...after a few minutes....there goes this here squirrel a flyin through the air..inta the tree...across a nearby power line and gone...probably never t'be seen agin in these here parts. Then I spent the rest a the day tryin to keep the wolf/dog outta the guest room.....Swear t'God...actually happened....

So...thats why there ain't gonna be no recipee fer "Greek Chicken" this here day...y'all just gotta wait till t'morrow.....Cookie....