Tuesday, January 29, 2008

S'more Musical memories.....

Well Sir...received quite a few e-mails and nice comments (well most of em were nice...The Chief had to bust my balls a mite...)regardin the "Musical Memories"....so...I figured I'd post a few more....

Gonna start with some Peter, Paul & Mary (man...I always had a thing fer Mary), "If I Had a Hammer",...followed by "Where Have All The Flowers Gone". I really believe they were the 1st "Hippies"...

The next song is by The Animals ...and its a song I know that several of my old War Dog readers will equate to a certain south-east Asian country... "We Gotta Get Outta This Place"...

...and...Y'all recall "Tom Dooley" by The Kingston Trio. This is audio only...no video...

Y'all just gotta have some good old boy...Jerry Lee Lewis, with "Whole Lot of Shakin Goin on". Now...a few of y'all just might not know that "Shakin" or "Shaky Puddin", was a code for...well...I'm sure y'all can figure that out. The adults never really got it as to what old Jerry Lee was really talkin bout....

...and one that I always liked but it didn't go to far in the music charts..."Rovin Gambler/This Train"...by TKT.....

Now Sir...the next video really does kinda tug at my heart strings. It's a birthday tribute made by The United States Marine Corps to their Brothers-In-Arms, The United States Navy Seabee's...my old alma mater. It's a Seabee history from the Pacific Islands of WWII, Korea, Nam, and both Gulf Wars. If 'n ya ever wondered what the Seabee's were all about... this video will explain it.... and some good tunes in it as well... Thank You USMC...

Finally...tribute to those courageous Half-Brothers to The United States Navy Seabee's...The United States Marines....whom I had the distinct honor to train and serve with...