Sunday, August 24, 2008

Monday...some funnies...some personal reflections...

Well Sir...we'll begin with the week with sumthin "Charlie The Cop" sent me regardin the importance of havin a good Back-Up Plan....


_____________________________________




Ahhh HA! Yet anuther great use fer Duct Tape.....


____________________________________

Can Y'all tell which young woman is frum New York...???


__________________________________

Now Sir....I know a man who is so HUMBLE that when his home State told him they were going to erected this sign on the Interstate near his home, he let them. His name is "The Chief" and he's not only amazingly humble, he's also a friend.....



He was also nice enuff to post this picture on his blog so's folks would come over and visit the Cookie....


___________________________________

Thoughts for Today--

Birds of a feather flock together and crap on your car.

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement .

He who hesitates is probably right.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are 'XL.'

If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt .

Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'Theirs.'

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.

Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.

First you forget names, then you forget faces. Then you forget to pull up your zipper. It's worse when you forget to pull it down.

Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today, it's called golf.

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!
____________________________________

Now Sir...to get serious fer a moment or two, here's some personal reflections by Cookie...

Having lived on this old Earth for 64 years, I've witnessed, learned and personally experienced a few things. There is what I call a Perfect Justice in our lives and this Universe. It's not so much a religious principle as is it spiritual. God knows, Cookie is NOT a religious man. My shadow has not graced the threshold of any church in many, many years, but I do believe in a Higher Power that equals all actions/deeds out in the end.

In some religions, this principle is called Karma. The Bible states it several ways. "You reap what you sow.", "Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword, The Golden Rule ("Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".), and the layman's terminolgy simple states, "What goes around...Comes Around."

Some years back, a wise person summed it up to me like this. Every action we take in life will come back to us, whether we do bad or good...it will come back to us in kind. I wish when I was very young a Priest would have stated it that way to me...I would have understood it much earlier and clearer, and probably saved myself a lot of trouble. "Lie about someone...you'll be lied about, steal from someone and you'll be stolen from, hurt somebody and you'll be hurt, betray someone and you'll be betrayed, and so on. The same holds true when we do good things for folks and family. Good things come to us....It will ALL come back to us in equal measure. So, it stands to reason that the more times we do "The Right Thing For The Right Reason", the better our lives become.

Over the past 35 years or so, since being enlightened to this phylosophy, I've watched my life closely and found it to be true. In some cases I can actually track back to the incident I did that has caused something that was/is presently happening in my own life. Sometimes it's impossible, but believe me, it's true never the less.

What goes around...comes around!

Just thought I'd share these personal discoveries and reflections with Y'all. Some folks out there just may need to know these things, and just what they've got to look forward to as to what's comin to em somewhere down the road....
__________________________________