WTF!!! Where the hell is Spring??
This is the first time that I recall March not only coming "in like a lion", but going out "like a lion" as well!!!
Issued by The National Weather Service
3:25 pm EDT, Wed., Mar. 30, 2011...
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING.
* LOCATIONS... ALL OF NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA... CATSKILLS... SUSQUEHANNA REGION OF NEW YORK... THE UPPER MOHAWK VALLEY.
* HAZARDS... HEAVY WET SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... POTENTIAL FOR AT LEAST 7 INCHES OF SNOW. HIGHEST ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS. LESS SNOW WILL FALL IN THE VALLEYS.
* TIMING... SNOW WILL DEVELOP THURSDAY EVENING AND CONTINUE UNTIL FRIDAY EVENING. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED LATE THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING.
* TEMPERATURES... FROM THE UPPER 20S TO MID 30S.
* WINDS... NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. GUSTS TO 25 MPH POSSIBLE FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS... HEAVY WET SNOW IS EXPECTED TO HAMPER TRAVEL AND COULD LEAD TO SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES DUE TO THE WEIGHT OF THE SNOW.
A WINTER STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT BECAUSE HEAVY SNOW IS A POSSIBILITY... BUT NOT A CERTAINTY. AT THIS TIME... THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 7 INCHES OR MORE. TRAVEL CONDITIONS COULD BECOME VERY HAZARDOUS... SO IT IS IMPORTANT TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL IN THE WATCH AREA. PERSONS SHOULD ALSO PREPARE FOR POSSIBLE POWER OUTAGES.
"Vigilis" said; "A few years ago, Al Gore and some federal $$$$ grant-greedy pseudo scientists explained "Global Warming", which would lead to rising sea levels, polar bear extinctions, and human suffocation. When evidence quickly contradicted such bogus claims, these con artists renamed their dire prediction "Climate Change", which could lead to either the foregoing, or shorter crop growing seasons. human migration toward the South, and starvation of human beings.
Are you willing to pay your grandchildren's inheritance tio charlatan's to reduce the carbon dioxide gas we exhale? Go ahead! Climate history, which these con artists cannot alter, tells a quite different story: the relatively short warm period (halocene) we now inhabit typically lasts 10,000 years. Ours is 13,000 years old. Guess what?
We are due for a long (about 100,000 years) cold spell.
"The Chief" said; "Well, it's sunny & blue here in the upper Midwest. But, it's still only in the 30s. Maybe April will be better. But then, we'll have to start cutting the damned grass; can't win."