Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sassy-Sistah's Fried Green Tomaters...... and some caption fun...

Well Sir....it's just too damn hot t'cook...or t'do much of anythin else fer that matter.....

So...I was just a perusin around the blogosphere and checkin out some a the sites of some a my friends when I spied a recipe frum Sandy over at Sassy-Sistah's ......


...and bein so guldang hot...I was just too damn lazy to go and look up my recipe' fer Fried Green Tomaters.....so...after gettin permission frum Miss Sandy to print her recipe'....I put it inta this here post....and...that's what this here blog is all about...publishin my recipe's and those of other good Cookies.....and a little humor tossed in here and there....here tis....

FRIED GREEN TOMATOES

4 medium green tomatoes(sliced 1/2 inch thick)

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 cup flour (you can use 1/2 cup flour & 1/2 cup cornmeal if you want)

Vegetable oil for frying

Wash and slice tomatoes.

Mix seasonings with flour in plate. Dredge each tomato slice - be sure both sides are well coated.

Heat oil to about 375 degrees in medium skillet. (Hot, but not smoking)

Cook tomatoes until golden brown on both sides; drain on paper towels. Try and only turn them once or you may lose the "crust."

Serve while hot.

(Some people like to dip the tomato slices in an egg and milk wash before dredging in flour or cornmeal. I like them both ways. Try both and see which one you prefer!)

Frum Sassy-Sistah……

Ya know...maybe it's just cool enuff to break out the cast iron and cook me up a batch a these puppies......mmmm mmm...


OK...movin on.... Lets play submit yur captions....fer instance...my caption to this here photygraph might be somethin like...."If this were me...the sombrero's would be the other way around..." ...Yur turns......