Monday, February 07, 2011

Wednesday Wanks

My neighbor shared the following story with me the other day about sumthin that happened to him last summer.

Many times when I am troubled or confused, I find comfort in sitting in my back yard and having a very dry martini along with a quiet conversation with Jesus.

This happened to me again after a particularly difficult day. I
said "Jesus, why do I work so hard?"

And I heard the reply: "Men find many ways to demonstrate the love they have for their family. You work hard to have a peaceful, beautiful place for your friends and family to gather."

I said: "I thought that money was the root of all evil."

And the reply was: "No, the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Money is a tool; it can be used for good or bad".

I was starting to feel better, but I still had that one burning question, so I asked it. "Jesus," I said, "what is the meaning of life? Why am I here?"

He replied: "That is a question many men ask. The answer is in your heart and is different for everyone. I would love to chat with you some more, Señor, but for now, I have to finish your lawn…

_________________________________


________________________________

Here be a little sumthin different fer Y'all.


__________________________________

Golf is easy!


_________________________________

Unbelievable!! This is our illustrious Senator frum New York, liberal Chuck Schumer. He has no idea what the three branches of government are. He says at 1:38 into the video that the three branches are the HOUSE, SENATE and WHITE HOUSE....WTF!!??


___________________________________

"Dapper Dan" said; "Cookie, That "Jesus" one's a keeper. Joyce got a kick out of it, too. And that deer/dog video is unbelievable. I'll be forwarding that one on to my youngest grandson."